Sentimental Me Tour
In 2008, following on from his successful residency at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club and performances at various other jazz clubs and jazz festivals, Marti released a stunning jazz album, "Sentimental Me" which was released to coincide with the tour of the same name. This tour was very different from his previous tours as he only performed one of his own songs - "The Lady With The Mandolin" which he had written with Chris Difford, specifically to fit in his jazz set.
As with the pervious tour, Marti treated to many anecdotes about the songs he'd chosen, many relating to his childhood!
Although this type of music was new to many of Marti's fans, it obviously suited his voice very well!
- One For My Baby
- In A Sentimental Mood
- A Child Is Born
- You Don't Know What Love Is
- You Must Believe In Spring
- I've Got You Under My Skin
- Summer Wind
- Lonely Girl
- Take A Letter Miss Jones
- Liebertango or Windows Of The World
- Where Or When
- The Lady With The Mandolin
- Angel Eyes
- Redemption Song
- Tell Me All About It
- When The World Was Young
- 10th April - Town Hall, Birmingham
- 11th April - Town Hall, Birmingham
- 13th April - Lyric Theatre, London
- 15th April - Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow
- 16th April - Concert Hall, Perth
- 17th April - Music Hall, Aberdeen
- 19th April - International Centre, Harrogate
- 20th April - Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
- 21st April - St. George's Hall, Bradford
- 22nd April - The Sage, Gateshead
- 25th April - Corn Exchange, Cambridge
- 26th April - Royal And Derngate, Northampton
- 27th April - Cliff's Pavilion, Southend
- 29th April - Assembly Hall Theatre, Tunbridge Wells
- 30th April - St. David's Hall, Cardiff
Marti's superb band on this tour -
- Jim Watson - piano and musical director
- Chris Dagley - drums
- Jeremy Brown - bass
- Anthony Kerr - percussion and vibes
- Adam Goldsmith - guitar
Ulla Harder, accompanied by Dennis Flacheberg, proved a popular choice of support.
She performed a wonderful set of her own compositions. Her haunting vocals and beautiful piano sound with Dennis on acoustic guitar proved the perfect combination!
You can catch up with Ulla on her Facebook page.
Back To Home