Billed as "Marti Pellow Alone In Concert, Except For His Best Friend Chris Difford", Chris supported Marti on this tour and joined him on stage to perform the Squeeze classic, "Labelled With Love" together. Each show started with Marti coming on stage to introduce Chris, much to the delight of the audience!
Once again, Marti treated us to a mixed set comprising of his own songs, some from the Wet Wet Wet back catalogue and a few covers. He told many interesting stories of his inspiration whilst writing and why he had chosen certain covers. He seemed very relaxed, chatting with the audience!
- I Don't Know Why
- Missing Sounds
- Sweet Little Mystery
- Line 'Em Up
- New York Vibe
- With A Little Help From My Friends
- Still Standing
- Can't Stop Loving You or Love Me The Way That I Love You
- Members Only
- This Moment Is Ok
- Gypsy Girl
- Let The Sun Walk You Home
- Working Class Hero
- Where Or When
- Glad There Is You
- Close To You
- Goodnight Girl
- Labelled With Love with Chris Difford and Dorie Jackson
- Love Is All Around
"Love Me The Way That I Love You" was added to the set list part way through the tour. It was a beautiful song that he had only just written and it was, as he said, "just out of the box".
- SECC, Glasgow - 27/10/06
- Villa Marina, Douglas - 29/10/06
- Millennium Centre, Cardiff - 31/10/06
- Apollo, Manchester - 01/11/06
- Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham - 02/11/06
- Sheffield City Hall - 03/11/06
- Concert Hall, Brighton - 05/11/06
- Colston Hall, Bristol - 06/11/06
- Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 07/11/06
- City Hall, Newcastle - 09/11/06
- Opera House, Blackpool - 10/11/06
- BIC, Bournemouth - 12/11/06
- Lyceum Theatre ,London - 13/11/06
- Plymouth Pavilions - 14/11/06
- Waterfront Hall, Belfast - 16/11/06
- Futurist Theatre, Scarborough - 18/11/06
- Portsmouth Guildhall - 19/11/06
Marti was also joined on this tour by Wet Wet Wet guitarist Graeme Duffin!
Marti's band -
- Mark Taylor - piano and musical director
- Graeme Duffin - guitar
- Jim Watson - piano
- Melvin Duffy - steel guitar
Chris Difford was a superb support act! He was accompanied on stage by Melvin Duffy with Dorie Jackson providing backing vocals. Chris performed his solo songs alongside some Squeeze classics!
Chris and Marti have been close friends for a long time and of course, Chris has written the lyrics for most of Marti's solo songs! They make a fantastic partnership and It was really great to see them on stage together!
Back To Home